by Dom Nozzi
The places found on this list represent the best places I have ever hiked.
The best-ever hiking I’ve done provided:
• Stunning, gorgeous, unforgettable views.
• Pristine character.
• A wilderness experience where we were not exposed to little or no noise, other hikers, or any development.
• An ever-present thought that we might get lost.
• Strenuous, physically demanding hiking that required agility and stamina.
• Plenty of healthy trees and wildlife.
Best-Ever Places I’ve Hiked
- Maroon Pass, Colorado (Aspen to Crested Butte)
- Glacier National Park, Montana
- Zion National Park, Utah
- Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
- Indian Peaks Wilderness, Colorado
- Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado
- James Peak Wilderness, Colorado
- South Central Alaska, including Denali and regional glaciers such as Root and Kennicott
- Yosemite National Park, California
- Kings Canyon, California
- Tallulah Gorge State Park, Georgia
- The rainforests of Belize
- The rainforests of Costa Rica
- The Boulder, Colorado foothills
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
- Beartooth Mountains, Montana
- Hawaiian Islands
I urge you to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave a comment if you have a suggested addition or subtraction from this list. Or if you have any other thoughts about this list.
Each list in this blog contains my own personal opinions based on my personal experiences. I acknowledge that there may be a need to add or subtract from these lists (or to create a new subject list), and I welcome such suggestions. The lists are not ordered from higher to lower quality. Each list is a work in progress.
My book, The Car is the Enemy of the City (WalkableStreets, 2010), can be purchased here: http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-car-is-the-enemy-of-the-city/10905607
My book, Road to Ruin, can be purchased here:
My Adventures blog
My Best-Ever Lists blog
Run for Your Life! Dom’s Dangerous Opinions blog
My Town & Transportation Planning website
My Plan B blog
My Facebook profile
My YouTube video library
My Picasa Photo library
My Author spotlight